Brixi, František Xaver
- Missa in E minor NovB Ia:17
Brixi was a popular Czech composer in the mid-18th century, who wrote a comprehensive body of sacral music. Although the tradition of his works is somewhat complex, the Missa in E minor is a certain attribution that is available from several libraries and archives. The mass comprises both homophonic tutti sections and virtuous arias. Notably, the second Kyrie is a highly chromatic fugue.
We conclude our Caldara@Dresden project with editions of other sacral music extant in Dresden:
- Beatus vir (D-Dl Mus.2170-E-2)
- Laudate pueri (D-Dl Mus.2170-E-3)
- Magnificat (D-Dl Mus.2170-D-2,3)
- Miserere (D-Dl Mus.2170-E-4)
- Salve regina (D-Dl Mus.2170-D-2,2)
Eybler, Joseph Leopold Edler von
- Missa Sancti Michaelis HerEy 2
Galuppi was among the first composers whom we published. In this quarter, we have released another three of his works extant in Dresden:
- the hymn Jesu corona virginum BurG IV/5
- the motet Sum offensa, sum irata BurG III/8
- the hymn Tantum ergo BurG IV/7
Haydn, Johann Michael
- Cadenze e Versetti MH 176
A collection of short cadences and versets for organ, set in the eight psalm tones. For each tone, an initial cadence is followed by four versets and a concluding cadence. Although most sections are only a few measures long, they bear witness to Haydn’s extraordinary talent for counterpoint.
- Litaniæ lauretanæ MH 74
We previously published the Litaniæ lauretanæ MH 88, which is an extended version of MH 74 featuring a mixed chorus (SATB), two trumpets, and timpani. Now, the older version of this litany is also available, whose scoring comprises a female chorus (SSSA) and a church trio.
- The Proprium Missæ project now also includes MH 28–34, 93, 162, 180, 192, 345, 368, 381, 383, 391, 398, 410, 429f, 492, 497, 504, 525, 574–576, 627f, 651, 653, 656, 670, 688, 694–696, and 836.
- Missa festiva ProH 26
Homilius, Gottfried August
- Wir gingen alle in die Irre HoWV I.9
Poppe, František Ludvík
Jan Dismas Zelenka acquired several works by the Czech baroque composer Poppe (1671–1730) and revised them in the 1730s.
- Beatus vir (D-Dl Mus.3610-D-3)
- Litaniæ lauretanae (D-Dl Mus.3610-E-2)
- Missa Sancti Antonii Paduani (D-Dl Mus.3610-D-1a)
- Vesperæ (D-Dl Mus.3610-D-2, D-4, and E-1)
Reinhardt, Johann Georg
- Vesperæ de Dominica et Confessore (A-Ed G 18)
This vesper was edited from one of the oldest manuscripts in the Dommusikarchiv Eisenstadt, dated 24 July 1731.