Quarterly update Q1/2023
Brixi, František Xaver
- Missa in B flat major NovB Ia:51
- Miserere (A-Wn HK.209)
- Missa (A-Ed A 41)
- Missa (A-Ed A 42)
- Missa di Toson B. V. Mariæ (D-B Mus.ms. 2730; A-Ed A 40)
Eberlin, Johann Ernst
- Benedicamus Patrem NeuE 22
Haydn, Johann Michael
- Missa in honorem Sanctissimæ Trinitatis MH 1
The earliest of Haydn’s known works, which he composed at the age of 16 for the first mass celebrated in the new Roman Catholic Dome in Timișoara on 8 September 1754. While this work is overly long, several sections bear witness of Haydn’s incredible talent even at this youg age.
- Applausus MH 144
- Hermann MH 148
A ballet pantomime in four parts which is only available from an authentic copy (F-Pn D-5674) by Werigand Rettensteiner, with corrections in Haydn’s hand. The first two parts (Del Ballo la parte prima and seconda) comprise short instrumental pieces. The third part (Dedicatio) contains Latin and German recitativos and arias praising the Germanic chieftain Arminius. It concludes with a male choir Magne Deus Teutonum. The final part (Le Marcie) features two pifferi and several percussion instruments (instrumento d’acciaio, tamburo, tamburino, triangolo).
- The Proprium Missæ project now also includes MH 277, 278, 326, 351–353, 355, 356, 360, 363–365, 369–378, 380, 382, 385–387, and 829.
- Litaniæ lauretanæ (A-Ed G 113)
- Missa ProH 27
- Missa ProH 28
- Sub tuum præsidium (A-Wn Mus.Hs.22468)
Reinhardt, Johann Georg
- Magnificat (D-Dl Mus.2793-D-3)
- Missa dominicalis (D-Dl Mus.2793-D-1)
This mass by Reinhardt has been substantially revised by Jan Dismas Zelenka, who largely wrote the string parts and added many corrections in org. Moreover, several sections are entirely in Zelenka’s hand, notably the complete Benedictus and Agnus Dei.
- Missa Vita hominis brevis est (D-Dl Mus.2793-D-2)
The manuscript has been written by Jan Dismas Zelenka and Copyist Zelenka 0. Lyrics are almost entirely missing and have been reconstructed by the editor.
- Sonata in G major (D-Dl Mus.2793-O-1)
Tůma, František Ignác Antonín
- Lamentationes Ieremiæ Prophetæ (D-Dl Mus.2968-E-502)
- Mulier quæ erat (A-Wn Mus.Hs.15713)
- O quam suavis est (A-Wn Mus.Hs.15714)
- Per labra nectar bibitur (A-Wn Mus.Hs.15709)
- Stabat mater (A-Wn Mus.Hs.15725)
- Te lucis ante terminum (D-B Mus.ms.autogr. Tuma, F. 2 M)
- Venite ad me (A-Wn Mus.Hs.15712)
We have released a new version of EES Tools (v2023.02.0). This release allows to publish manually curated MIDI files that must be saved in a folder
midi. If this folder is present, EES Tools creates an archive containing these files and includes it in the GitHub release. Moreover, a link to this archive is included on the webpage (denoted by ).