Quarterly update Q2/2022
Albrechtsberger, Johann Georg
- Missa in D major (A-Wn HK.5/I)
This mass bases upon the autograph manuscript and includes a gradual and offertory.
We continue our Caldara@Dresden project with editions of the remaining masses extant in Dresden:
- Missa Intende in adiutorium meum (D-Dl Mus.2170-D-10)
- Missa Matris dolorosæ (D-Dl Mus.2170-D-4)
- Missa Mundata est lepra eius (D-Dl Mus.2170-D-12)
- Missa Vix orimur morimur (D-Dl Mus.2170-D-13)
Danzi, Franz Ignaz
- Mass in D major PecD 58
Haydn, Johann Michael
- Litaniæ de Venerabili Sacramento MH 228
We managed to find a digital version of the autograph manuscript and thus updated our edition. A comparison to the 1823 print revealed that the latter edition contained several errors and mistakes and was highly inaccurate regarding bass figures, slurs, and dynamics.
- Vesperæ de Dominica MH 321
- The Proprium Missæ project now also includes MH 491 and 503.
- Missa festiva ProH deest
A cute Missa brevis which we consider a genuine composition by Hofmann, even if it is absent from Hermine Prohászka’s catalogue of works.
Scheibe, Johann Adolph
- Der wundervolle Tod des Welterlösers SchW online B2:213
What a pity that the second part of this passion has been lost!
Tůma, František Ignác Antonín
- Vesperæ de Confessore (D-Dl Mus.2968-D-508)
In two concerts entitled Austrian Encounters (21 and 22 May 2022), the Australian Boys Choir, The Vocal Consort and Australian Romantic & Classical Orchestra, conducted by Nicholas Dinopoulos, have performed Michael Haydn’s Litaniæ lauretanæ MH 71. We had the honor of contributing to a blog post introducing Haydn’s work.